Coventry University to host First International Conference of Dalcroze Studies, July 24-26 2013.
In recent years there has been an upsurge in the academic study of embodiment and the centrality of movement and rhythm in music cognition, education and performance. This conference seeks to extend our understanding of Dalcroze Eurhythmics from these and a wide variety of other perspectives: historical, cultural, socio-political, theoretical, philosophical and empirical. It also seeks to promote interdisciplinary dialogue between researchers into Dalcroze Eurhythmics and those from a wide field of related disciplines and practices.
This is the first international conference of Dalcroze Studies and is part of the celebrations to mark the centenary of the LSDE.
Confirmed keynote speakers
- Prof. Louise Mathieu, Université Laval, Canada
- Prof. Maxine Sheets-Johnstone, University of Oregon, USA
- Dr Katie Overy, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Dr Joan Pope OAM, President Dalcroze Australia
- Dr Selma Odom (Professor Emerita), York University, Canada
DoCoMoMo UK’s Dalcroze event in London on 29 September will connect the history of Dalcroze Eurhythmics to the birth of the Modern movement in architecture. Tickets can be booked through our website.